Vegan waffles - with or without chocolate - that's the question!


Hello everyone,

As I told you, I'm living vegan for a month. So it was definitely time to try out a vegan waffle recipe. I love waffles, but actually I don't make them very often. I think the last time is 3 years ago! But I confess: When I have the decision to make to choose pancakes or waffles, 9 of 10 times I go for pancakes (Yes, definitely a pancake addict girl!)
But this morning I was in my special waffle mood. So here's the recipe for you. I think it's quite easy and you can choose if you want your waffles with or without chocolate - that's such a hard question (I made both ;) )

Ingredients: 

1 large banana, mashed
1 3/4 cups non-dairy milk
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 cups oat flour or whole wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Sweetener of your choice (raw cane sugar, stevia, agave syrup)
Optional: Cinnamon
Optional: Vegan dark chocolate creme ( I used this one)

Directions: 

First mash your banana, then mix it with the  non-dairy milk and the coconut oil. In another bowl combine the dry ingredients (Flour, baking powder, walnuts, sweetener). Now combine the wet and the dry ingredients and mix it well until everything is combined. If you want chocolate waffles, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of the chocolate creme. 

Now heat your waffle iron and spray with non-sticky cooking spray or coconut oil. Pour the mixture onto the hot waffle iron. Bake until they are golden brown. 
Bon Appétit!




1 comment:

  1. They look so perfect! I wish you a lot of luck and inspiration! I hope you are going to have a great time discovering new flavours! And I have to try this recipe! I had some vegan waffles some time ago, but I want to try your recipe! Dalishious! *.*
    Take care! :*

    ReplyDelete